Thursday, March 05, 2009

Big Hair Dilemma

A few years back, Mr. Misha and I were invited to a "Dick Van Dyke" themed birthday party. I spent about 3 hours in my hair stylist's chair trying to get my very thick hair into a bouffant hairdo. In order to get that little pouf in the back, she took a big hunk of my hair, ratted it up, shellacked it with hair spray, rolled it into a ball and then flopped the rest of my hair over the top of it. The final result was this:



Not bad, but not as high as I had hoped. My hair is just so heavy and there is just so much of it, I thought I would never be able to get that bump in the back! But the other night I saw this advertisement:





What a great idea! Instead of ratting up, one third of my hair and pasting to my skull, I can buy this doohickey! Now I just need to be invited to another theme party and I will be good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment