Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Misha Comes With Standard Safety Equipment

On Mother's Day, I decided not to take my "daytime" muscle relaxer and only take Motrin.  Mr. Misha and I were going to have lunch with his mom to celebrate Mother's day. I love my mother in law, but she tends to worry a lot. I didn't want to show up to her house all doped up and give her cause to fret.  I felt pretty good after heat, ice and Motrin.

Mr. Misha and I stopped on the way to her house to pick up Chinese take out.  As we were walking through the parking lot, I think I slipped on a small rock.  I went tumbling forward and fell right in the middle of the lot.  As I lay sprawled out on the asphalt, Mr. Misha and I had a conversation that went like this:

Mr. Misha: "Baby, what happened?"

Me: "I fell down"

Mr. Misha: "Are you okay?"

Me: "No, I fell down"

Mr. Misha: "What can I do?"

Me: "Help me up?"

Just then, another man came up and he and Mr. Misha helped me up to my feet.  I did a quick assessment of myself and found no bones protruding or any blood.  Mr. Misha wanted to take me back to the car, but I said no.  We went in and got the Chinese food.  All I could think of as the lady packed up our food was that if it weren't for my boobs, I would probably have whacked my head against the asphalt.

The rest of the day was injury free.  I woke up Monday morning and re-assessed the damage. My right wrist was sore.  Both forearms were sore.  Both knees were sore.  On my left shin, I had a bruise shaped like Florida and a bump the size of a softball.  Being the dorky nurse that I am, I drew an outline around the bump in sharpie, so I could monitor if the lump was getting any bigger.  So far, so good.  I now spend my days with ice on my shoulder/neck and my left knee.

First thing my mom said to me when I told her about my tumble, "Good thing you have such big tits or you'd have a closed head injury for sure!"

No comments:

Post a Comment