Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Twammogram Redux



I finally went & had my repeat mammogram.  I was supposed to get it 4 months ago, but I kept playing phone tag with the central scheduling department at the hospital.  Eventually, I got an appointment and I live tweeted the procedure again.








But to be honest, I couldn't really tweet during the actual boob shoot for a variety of reasons.


#1) I could tell with one look that the mammographer did not have a sense of fun and humor.


#2) This time, I was required to put myself in all sorts of pretzel-like positions for each shot.


#3) It hurt this time and I was too busy doing my baby birthin' breathing to tweet or take pics.




So here are a selection of Twammogram tweets from yesterday, along with some commentary.





I got a quick response that my choices of afflictions to get purple swag were: Child Abuse, Domestic Violence, Lupus, Prostate Cancer, Arthritis, Alzheimer's and at one hospital- heart disease. 



Okay, so the chic doing the mammogram looked like a blond version of Sarah Palin.  It only took a few minutes of casual conversation and I could tell that her politics were similar to the half-governor's.  I kept my mouth shut out of fear.  I was afraid if she found out what a pinko-lefty-French-loving-arugula-munching-latte-sippin'-chardonnay-chuggin'-secret-muslim she had in the room, she'd tighten the vice grip on my breasts.


 
 
Despite keeping my political leanings to myself, it was still an uncomfortable procedure this time.  Last time was a breeze.  I guess for a follow up they get more shots and certain positions, because the lady was yanking on my nipples and floppin' my boobs around like they weren't attached to me.  OUCHIE!  


  
  


I loved the tweets of support and jokes from my Breast Friends on Twitter.  Laughter really is the best medicine.  I read all of them out loud as Mr. Misha and I drove home.  His comment was "I'm glad you made such good friends that you can twatter about your boobs with."  I have to say, I am glad too.  Thanks to all of you.


I should have the results in 10 to 14 days.  I'll be sure to keep you guys abreast (HA!) of the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment