Saturday, November 20, 2010

It's Not Paranoia If They're Really Out To Get You!

This week, I started mentoring a nursing student.  She is in the last few weeks of nursing school & as part of her training she will spend two months with me birthin' babies.  It could be a coincidence, but the minute she started her preceptorship, all Hell has broken loose at the baby birthin' factory.  It has been extremely busy.  It has been extremely challenging.  I can't go into details because of privacy laws, but this has been the most physically and emotionally draining week of baby birthin' I've had in years.




As we sat at the computer, two hours after our shift had ended, catching up on our charting, I looked at her and said, "This is all your doing.  Things were nice and mellow here, then you came and the dam broke!  Are you trying to kill me or get me to quit so you can have my job when you graduate?"  She grinned and replied, "You found me out.  You figured out my evil plan."  Then she grinned.


I adore her!

1 comment:

  1. I say it's all her fault (with a grin) that is! Ah, nice to see a link to your rants again. I'm sure you have posted them but I have missed.

    ReplyDelete